Please find below a list of Global Learning Initiatives Program courses offered by Yonsei University (YU). You can click on the course syllabus link for more detailed information on each course. For inquiries about the courses, please refer to the bottom of the page for program coordinator contact information at YU.
|YU109S001||Understanding Global Impact of COVID-19||
|YU109S002||Intensive Korean Economy||
Notes for Inbound Students
- Requirements: Students who wish to take courses offered by Yonsei University must fulfill the following requirements. Student will be asked to submit an official transcript in English and an English proficiency document after the application.
1. Minimum GPA for Application: GPA must be over 2.7 on a 4.3 scale (or over 2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
2. English Language Requirement: A minimum score of 79 in TOEFL iBT (or 213 in CBT or 550 in PBT) or 6.5 in IELTS, or a language recommendation letter from your home university that certifies your English proficiency.
*English language requirements are waived for native English speakers, and non-native speakers who are studying their degree in English
3. Semester Fulfillment Requirement: This program is open to 4-year college or university students who are currently studying at their home universities as full-time students, and have completed two semesters (or the equivalent) at the time of application. For transfer students or graduate students, a minimum of one semester’s results from the university must appear on the official transcripts.
- Admission: Students who meet the above requirements and endorsed by your home university will generally be accepted by the course-offering university (subject to the available of places), while the course-offering university retains the right to make final admission decisions.
- Course Schedule: Course start and end date may be different from your home university, as well as the time zone. Please carefully check the course syllabus to university, as well as the time zone. Please carefully check the course syllabus to make sure that the courses fit into your schedule.
- Application Instruction: When you are first registered in our system, you will receive an automated application instruction email, but please ignore the initial email as they are meant for a regular exchange student. You will receive a new application instruction for this program later.
- Course withdrawal: If you decide to withdraw from a course, you must notify the professor on early April/ early October (the exact date will be announced later) Withdrawn course will no be shown on the official transcript.
- Transcript and Credit Transfer: At the end of the course, we will send an official transcript/ academic records to your home university. Please follow relevant procedures at home university for how to obtain credit transfer.
YU Coordinator Contact Information
Office of International Affairs 국제처